Monday, January 21, 2013

a new stroll down a not so new street

Victoria and I had our usual work day and then we decided to walk around the block a bit because our lunch orders were a bit on the heavier side (think crepes - chocolate, strawberry jam, bananas, cream, and more crepes).

While I was already quite familiar with Shanxi Nan Lu from the Jingan side, I've never explored the Xuhui end of it - where I've noticed numerous florists, home decor stores, as well as cafes, while driving through. Since we were already in the hood, I suggested why not.

It was just as I remembered, dozens of cute shops in a row. And there were several florists indeed, all with their respective stores filled with the freshest seasonal selection. As presumed, these florists had much more of a selection than your neighborhood street peddler, but they charge double if not more. A bouquet of 20 roses is about 80RMB.

To bring some color to such a grey day, I settled for these. 
Wan Qu Florist
406 Shanxi Nan Lu, near Fuxing Road
陕西南路406号近复兴路

As we kept walking, we entered Lulu Living - a very cute home decor boutique. It's hard to find places in Shanghai (well, in most places for that matter) that carry nice smelling yet affordable air diffusors, and it just so happened that this store did. Amongst these were also portable electric furnaces, cuckoo clocks, frames, and other random, adorable things.
I choose the ZEN room diffusor for my apartment, very fitting indeed. 85RMB for the bottle and 5RMB for the sticks.


Lulu Living
414 Shanxi Nan Lu, near Fuxing Road
陕西南路414号近复兴路

Victoria had to head home but I continued walking. My next stop was a little shop called The Life. The Life instantly lured me in because I could see tubes of paint for sale from the outside  window - hence I assumed it was an arts and crafts store. To my surprise, not only was it an arts and crafts store - it was fully loaded with all kinds of creative goodness I'd want to dive into when I have some spare weekend time.

Paint pens and ceramic mugs

The Life
438 Shanxi Nan Lu, near Fuxing Road
陕西南路438号近复兴路

Finally, I also passed by Le Creme Milano, but it was closed - what a shame. I guess it was a sign that I had not yet earned my afternoon snack despite my stroll and thus wasn't meant to be. So from there, I went home. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment