Monday, February 25, 2013

breakfast, lunch, dinner... and everything in between

Savory Crepe with spinach, cheese, mushrooms and tomatoes
Breakfast might be my favorite meal of the day. So why limit having breakfast dishes (both savory and sweet) to the early hours of the morning? Though these may not be the healthiest of choices, they are some of my favorite breakfast or "early snack" dishes of the east and the west - available throughout most hours of the day - and can be found in Shanghai.

Sweet Crepe with bananas, Baileys, vanilla ice cream, powdered sugar
Chicken Sandwich with homemade chips and pickle
French toast with Challah and fresh berries
Soup dumplings with chicken and foie gras
yum!
This past Sunday was also the Lantern Festival, aka 元宵節. After a lovely walk around Xintiandi in the afternoon to enjoy the lovely weather, I made sure I got my 湯圓 fix in the evening. 





Crepes are from Crepes and Co.
French toast and chicken sandwich are from Bloc
Soup dumplings are from Din Tai Fung
Tang yuan from my local Taiwanese grocery store

No comments:

Post a Comment