Thursday, February 7, 2013

to paint

I've always loved to create art since I was a child. But like many, when having become an adult, forgot about making time for these loves and prioritized work and other commitments. I didn't start painting again until moving to Shanghai - thanks to the encouragement and inspiration from Albert. These are paintings I created for him - all with specific "themes". 

"好幸福的Compromise“ - December 2011
On Top of the World - April 2012
Albert, me, little molly, Taipei 101
Lovers in the French Concession - June 2012
AY+LC+Molly=4Ever. A Pair of brooms and life on a street sandwiched in a twin lane of trees
A pair of bikes. Us and Molly. Double Happiness Gates
Kites - August, 2012
Art supplies might seem like they are hard to get hold of here in Shanghai, but with a little research - they are actually quite available and affordable. I get all my paint supplies at Painter's Street, (213 Wending Lu, near Nan Dan Lu) a cute little alley way that is actually known for making replicas of artwork. But like most places in Shanghai, you can bargain for their canvases, brushes and paints like I have. 




1 comment:

  1. These are great, Lydia! You certainly have your own style of painting. Nice.

    ReplyDelete